6 days / 5 nights
QUITO – OTAVALO – AMAZON JUNGLE – COTOPAXI
RESERVATION CONDITIONS – PREPAYMENT – FULL PAYMENT
Once we receive your confirmation we send you a prepay invoice corresponding to 30% of total land services and 100% of flights. This invoice should be paid when it is received in order to guarantee the reservations of your program.
• 60 days prior to the arrival of the passengers, we need the preliminary list of passengers to guarantee the reservations of hotels and services of the circuit.
• 45 days prior to the arrival of the passengers, we need the final list of passengers with passport number, date of birth and nationality.
• The final invoice should be paid 20 days prior to the arrival date of the passenger.
• Once you made the payment, we thankful to send us per fax the confirmation of your bank’s debit.
• We reserve the right of provision of the services if the invoice is not paid before the arrival date of the passenger to the destination.
All cancellation will be received in writing only and according to the following terms:
The cancellation of the reservation of one or more passengers may result in modification of the invoice. We reserve the right to update the announced price depending on the actual number of passengers.
Land Services (do not include flights):
• No fee charge if the cancellation is made 45 days prior to the arrival date of the passengers.
• Between the 44tth and 30th day prior to the arrival date of the passengers, we charge U$D 30 p/pax .
• Between the 29tth and 15th day prior to the arrival date of the passengers, we charge 20%.
• Between the 14th and 4th day prior to the arrival date of the passengers, we charge 40%.
• No refund if cancellation is made as for the 3rd day prior to the arrival date of the passengers.
• In case of no show, the 100 % of full amount of the services will be charged.
In case of suppliers have special cancellation terms, these will be mentioned in our confirmation letter and they will be applied strictly as the supplier does.
The local airline tickets are emitted electronically, therefore we need to receive the passports number of all the passengers without exception, otherwise the ticket can not be emitted.
It is very important to stress the need of a thorough check of the passport numbers since passengers will have problems when boarding if this information is not correct
The rooming list as well as the passports number should be sent to us 45 prior to the arrival date of the group according to the all hotels regulations otherwise we will lose the reservations and they would be subject to availability
We will appreciate to take due note of all this information and to give instructions accordingly when a group is confirmed since we will accept no responsibility in case the demanded requirements are not fulfilled
• Once we receive your confirmation we send you a prepay invoice corresponding to 30% of total land services and flights.
• This invoice should be paid when it is received in order to guarantee the reservations of your program
• According to the regulations of airlines and railroad companies the rooming list and passport numbers should be sent 45 days before the arrival date of the group in order to keep the reservation and to emit the ticket.
• The final invoice should be paid 30 days before the arrival date of the group.
• We reserve the right of provision of the services if the invoice is not paid before the arrival date of the group to the destination.
All cancellation will be received in writing only and according to the following terms:
• No fee charge if the cancellation is made 30 days prior to the arrival date.
• Between the 29tth and 20th day prior to the arrival date, we charge U$D 30 per pax.
• Between the 19tth and 10th day prior to the arrival date, we charge 20%
• Between the 10th and 4th day prior to the arrival date, we charge 40%
• No refund if cancellation is made as for the 3rd day prior to the arrival date.
In case of no show the 100% of full amount of the services will be charged.
Domestic flights and trains
• The tickets will be emitted 20 days in advance
• Once the emission is made any refund is not applied. The 100% of full amount will be charged
• Any modification of name or re-emission de tickets will have a cost of U$D 50 p/pax.
• The order of the itinerary as well as the visits may be modified due to unexpected local events such as modifications/cancelation of flights from the airline companies, train schedules, weather or nature conditions, strikes or any other major force situation. In all cases, we will try to respect all programmed visits; in case this is not achieved, Quimbaya Tours compromises to provide the bests solutions and communicate it to the passengers.
• Quimbaya Tours will not be responsible for costs incurred in the situations mentioned above as well as the late arrival or loss of luggage, or medical expenses generated by illness of passengers.
• Any service not mentioned in this program is on behalf of passengers.
• With no response from your side, Quimbaya Tours will consider the document (program, services, rates and conditions) as read and approved.
PRICES IN USD$
ECUADOR PROGRAM 5 NIGHTS
Validity of rates from 02/01/19 to 20/12/19
Rate per participant
Base ½ doble
Doble occupancy in 3* hotels
Single supplement in 3* hotels
Doble occupancy in 4* hotels
Single supplement in 4* hotels
Transfert one way airport/hotel and vs (only transportation)
Tour guide supplement
These rates are available from 01 January 2019 to 20 December 2019.
These rates can be modified during Christmas, New Year, Carnaval, Easter and holidays.
THE PRICES INCLUDE
* Program Ecuador Land in double room
* Mentioned meals (Amazon Program).
* Entries and visits of the program.
* English speaking guide for the mentioned visits.
* Luggage transportation (one piece per person).
THE PRICES NOT INCLUDE
* International flights.
* National flights
* Any other expense not included in the program.
* Drinks in the meals.
* All services not mentioned above.
* Tips to guide and driver.
*Alcoholic Beverages & Sodas
* Separate TRANSFER IN / OUT
Itineraries, Taxes and Flight Prices Are Subject To Change Without Prior Warning By The Ecuadorian Operators, Government And Airlines
The price does not include the increases that could appear during the year (entrances, hotels, transportation). These increases are related to the fuel raise. We apologized for the inconvenient this could happen; this is a situation really difficult to control over the world. We count with your understanding.
Wyndham Garden Quito (****)
Indio Inn (***)
Situated in the heart of Otavalo, at 300 meters of the famous Otavalo market, the building of 3 levels, modern conception is simple and clean. 35 rooms comfortable with private bathroom and Restaurant.
Security box in the Loby
Internet in the loby – additional charge
Suchipakari Amazon Eco-Lodge & Jungle (Lodge)
HOTELS DESCRIPTIONS 4 ****
NH Collection (****)
This luxurious hotel located at 50 minutes from the International Airport Mariscal Sucre on the street “12 de Octubre” offer you all the facilities like: gymnasium, Sauna, steam bath, Business Center. Beauty parlor, jewelry shop. One of the most elegant hotel in Quito. Guest accommodations (112 rooms) are spacious and beautifully appointed with comfortable furnishings. Modern amenities including remote control and cable TV, international direct-dial, clock radio, mini bar and working desk.
Our friendly staff are highly trained to bring you the hospitality and good service.
Puerto Lago (****)
Puerto Lago Country Inn is located 90 minutes from Quito, on shoreline of the legendary lake San Pablo with a breathtaking view of the Imbabura volcano at over 8000 feet above sea level. Only 8 minutes away room the city of Otavalo, and with extraordinary scenery of the Northern Ecuadorian Andean Mountain ranges. Puerto Lago offers an extraordinary and unique setting with comfort and class at affordable prices, these are some of the reasons Puerto Lago has become one of the best known tourist destinies in the area. (27 rustics rooms) Puerto Lago Country Inn surrounded by beautiful manicured lawns and gardens, right on the shore of lake San Pablo, where you’ll find our European style Chalets with all the comfort you will need, and with nature all around you. Large carpeted Chalets, (22 with fireplaces), semi orthopedic mattresses, minibar, ample bathrooms, Color TV, telephones and of course the best room service are some of the things you can expect at Puerto Lago Country Inn.
La Casa Del Suizo (Lodge)
La Casa del Suizo is located in the Ecuadorian rainforest. Here you have the opportunity to see the wonders of the tropical rainforest. It is one of the Amazon’s main tributaries, the river Napo.
The hotel is equipped with 75 private rooms and a capacity for 180 guests, matrimonial rooms, double rooms, triple rooms, and also quadruple rooms for families.
For guests who really seek luxury, we have a suite with complete amenities such as a private Jacuzzi overlooking the beautiful Napo River. All of our rooms at Casa del Suizo have hot and cold water, fans, electricity 24 hours a day, and a private balcony with hammock for those all important moments of relaxation.
One of the biggest surprises at La Casa del Suizo is the food!! We provide an immense variety of international cuisine combined with typical food found here in Ecuador.
The hotel have full bar and swimming pool
Day 1 / Tuesday / IN Quito
Transfer transportation and guide not included
Day at leisure
Overnight at the hotel
Day 2 / Wednesday / Quito / Equatorial Line / Otavalo
Quito City (on Sunday we have a Panoramic city, the churches are closed for visits), in colonial Quito, visit the Government Palace that was built in the XVII century for the “Real Audiencia de Quito”, and the San Francisco’s Church, the first church built in Quito in 1537 not finished until 1605. This church is an exact copy of the Escorial palace of Madrid, that is why it is called the “Andes’ Escorial”; inside we can discover fabulous gold colored sculptures and paintings of the most relevant artists of the “Escuela Quiteña”.
La Compania has the most ornate and richly sculptured facade and interior. See its colored columns, its 10 sides’ altars and high altar plates with gold, and the gilded balconies. Several of its most precious treasures, including a painting of the Virgen Dolorosa framed in emeralds and gold, are kept in the vault of the Banco Central del Ecuador and appears only at special festivals.
La Basilica, the Basilica of the National Vow (Spanish: Basílica del Voto Nacional) is a Roman Catholic church located in the historic center of Quito, Ecuador. It is sometimes also called the Catedral Consagración de Jesús or the Basílica de San Juan. It is the largest neo-Gothic basilica in the Americas. The basilica arose from the idea, proposed by father Julio atovelle in 1883, of building a monument as a perpetual reminder of the consecration of Ecuador to the Sacred Heart. The building was designed by architect Emilio Tarlier at the cost of 40,000 French francs. Tarlier was inspired by the Bourges Cathedral. The basilica remains remains technically “unfinished.” . Local legend says that when the Basílica is completed, the end of the world will come. The basilica is the most important work of Neogothic Ecuadorian architecture and is one of the most epresentative of the Americas. It is the largest neogothic basilica in the New World. The building is noted for its rotesques in the form of native Ecuadorian animals, such as armadillos, iguana, and Galapagos tortoises. The Basilica is 140 meters long and 35 meters wide. It is 30 meters high in the sanctuary, 15 meters high in the votive chapels, 74 meters high in the transept, and 115 meters high in the two frontal towers.
Equatorial line, visit to the Equatorial Monument which shows the place where Charles Marie de la Condamine established precisely the Equator. This is an imaginary 40,000 kilometers line that surrounds the Earth, and the only place of the world where there is no shadow at noon. Visit to the monument and the little ethnical museum that is found inside the monument.
Otavalo, this city is the land of the “Otavaleños” who are the most prosperous Ecuadorian Indian community.
Otavalo men wear their hair long and plaited under a broad-brimmed hat; they wear white, calf-length trousers and blue ponchos. The women’s colorful costumes consist of embroidered blouses, shoulder wraps and many colored beads. All families speak Quichua as their first language and Spanish as their second.
Overnight at the hotel
Day 3 / Thursday / Otavalo / Amazon Jungle
Otavalo market, visit of the most famous indigenous market of Ecuador, held 7h to 18h, and based around the Plaza de Ponchos. Otavalo Indians in their native dresses come to this town to sell a multicolor variety of handicrafts: hats, sweaters, necklaces, blouses, ponchos and many other handmade products. The artesian industry is so big that the Plaza de Ponchos is now filled with vendors every days of the week not only Otavaleños, but people from all over Ecuador and South America. Traditionally the main market day is on Saturday. However, a smaller market is now found every day of the week.
We continue our journey along a scenic stretch of road which takes us out of the majestic Andes highlands and down into the “Oriente”, or Amazon region. Along the way there will be several opportunities to stop for photographs, overlooking lush green valleys and beautiful sparkling waterfalls. The road ends at Punta Ahuano, a tiny port town on the North bank of the Napo River, where canoes await for a late-afternoon 15 minutes ride downstream to the lodge. The group will arrive with time to get settled, and enjoy a sunset from our swimming pool with a refreshing welcome cocktail.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel
Day 4 / Friday / Amazon Jungle
During the second day at La Casa del Suizo, our guests will participate at full day activities. These programs will begin after an early breakfast, and will be led by both native and bilingual guides.
Lunch and dinner at the hotel.
Here some activities you can do.
All excursions at La Casa del Suizo will be led by a native guide with expert knowledge of the rainforest’s medicinal and other useful plants. A typical day begins after an early breakfast, and there are a variety of trails and activities to choose from: Walks may range from full day hikes through primary rainforest to short, easy walk along river islands, depending on each group’s interests and physical abilities. Most outings begin with a short canoe ride along the Napo River or one of its many tributaries, during which it is possible to observe a variety of shore birds on the way to our trails. Once in the forest, where giant trees and tangled vines tower above, the guides will point out important aspects of the vegetation while on the lookout for tropical birds and other jungle creatures… Stay alert and you may find some yourself!
On one trail, our native guides have built model-hunting traps to represent those traditionally used by the local people in the past. But this is only one aspect of the Quichua culture you may learn about here:
There will be opportunity to visit with a local Quichua Indian family as well, whose garden contains many medicinal plants still commonly used today. They will explain how such plants are used, and demonstrate other aspects of their traditional culture such as the spiritual cleaning rituals still practiced today throughout the surrounding community. Learn how to make chicha, a typical beverage (which of course all may taste), and finally, all may participate in a blowgun target-shooting contest – but don’t expect to beat the natives!
Dinner and overnight at the hotel
Day 5 / Saturday / Amazon / Puyo / Cotopaxi / Quito
Return in “piraguas” or canoes to La Punta. Land trip to Puyo. This is the most important center in the whole Oriente; the junction for road travel into the Southern Oriente and for traffic heading to our from Baños. 20 km from Baños on the Puyo road are the spectacular Rio Verde falls, better known as El Pailon del Diablo.
Puyo, also known as El Puyo, is the capital of Pastaza, a province in Ecuador. Puyo is located at an altitude of approximately 950 AMSL by the Puyo River, a tributary of the Pastaza River, which eventually leads into the Amazon River. True to its name, derived from the Kichwa word for “cloudy”, the local climate is a wet one and the weather is often overcast. Puyo was founded in 1899. Located between Baños, and the Amazonian cities of Tena and Macas, Puyo is the commercial, cultural and political capital of the region. In late 2006, the city had approximately 25,000 inhabitants. The seasonal changes in the climate are relatively small, and daytime temperature typically range between 18-24 °C, with sun and generally short, but heavy periods of rain daily. The Puyo Carnaval, a famous Ecuadorian holiday, is celebrated each year in the days leading up to Lent. The custom is to have small neighbourhood parties, and water fights are sometimes involved. Other major holidays are the Day of the Ecuadorian East Amazon on February 12, and the chonta-palm festival.
Lunch in a local restaurant
Cotopaxi , In the middle of the park is the Cotopaxi (5,897 meters), one of the most active volcanoes and highest in the world. Its ecosystem is home to several tree species.
Inside there is a large pine plantation about 1750 hectares, has adapted and created micro different habitats, causing changes in the dynamics of moor. Other peaks that can be observed is the volcano Rumiñahui of 4757 meters in height, whose name means Stoneface in memory of the last Indian general who burned Quito to protect the Spanish conquest. Between the two mountains is the valley of Limpiopungo.
Quito, is one of the highest capitals of the world with 2 850 meters (9,200 feet) and is situated at the foot of the Pichincha majestic volcano (4,800 meters). It has been declared Heritage of Mankind by the UNESCO as a recognition to its extraordinary architectural and artistic colonial heritage.
Diner in a local restaurant
Overnight at the hotel